Saturday, January 2, 2010

First UFO for this month


OK, I started this baby quilt about two years ago. Then I cut the border fabric wrong so there wasn't enough focus fabric to go all the way around. I didn't know what to do with it, so I didn't do ANYTHING more with it.
Well, I was just being a ninny. Just because it won't be exactly the way I wanted, it still needs finishing. Heck, the beautiful little girl that this is for, my nephews daughter, will be three years old soon. Probably too big for such a tiny quilt. But I am sure I can find just the right child to give it too. If not, it will be a beautiful donation the the Linus project.
So, I am working on it today. I "stretched" out the border fabric with the bit of left over pink peacock feather fabric I had from the blocks. Who knows, it may look better this way than the boring, predictable way I had planned the border.
Sheesh. I need to use my imagination more. Uhh.. creativity Jana!
UPDATE: I have finished the border now! I dont have backing for it right now, so I am moving on to make another UFO.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it looks great and someone will love it......it deserves your finish...good for you!